The purpose of this organization is to encourage students in professional development through participation in LSRT. The student advisory council operates under the auspices of the Louisiana Society of Radiologic technologists (LSRT). The members are members of LSRT, abiding by the By-Laws of its’ parent organization, the LSRT. Purpose of student advisory council is to:
- provide a forum to address areas of interest and concern to Radiologic Technology Program, students, and faculty.
- To encourage mutual cooperation and sharing of knowledge between students enrolled in state programs in the radiological sciences.
- To provide input on educational opportunities for students at LSRT Meetings.
- To communicate with other council members and distribute information to other students within their programs.
- To cooperate with LSRT in promoting the profession Radiologic Technology.
- To prepare council members for holding potential office with LSRT.
The members of the council shall be two (2) representatives from each institution offering radiologic sciences. The Student Advisory Council shall hold one business meeting yearly. This meeting will be held in conjunction with the LSRT Mid Winter Seminar. There are two (2) elected officers, that of the chairperson and vice chairperson. These officers are elected by a polarity vote of the council members attending the Mid Winter Seminar meeting.
See Directory for current directory of Student Advisory Council